The OSP Approach
Other instructors only concentrate on method and lead.
While these are certainly important aspects, they are only a part of the big picture.
We Concentrate on YOU!
- Everyone has their own “correct method.” That’s what we help you find. Your correct method is what creates the least amount of risk in the shot for you.
- Everyone has a different goal. You have to determine your own goals based on your commitment to excel. That’s what we help you achieve.
- We don’t give canned presentations. Every lesson and clinic is tailored to your needs and skill level.
- We don’t do all the talking. We listen to what is important to you.
- We help you get in control of your mechanical and mental performance by understanding why. That way, you can correct yourself.
The Keys to Success
There are three things that you must understand to achieve any level of optimum performance with a shotgun.
- How the shotgun functions and how to achieve mechanical excellence with it.
- How your eyes, mind and body instinctively function together.
- How to control conscious doubt and release subconscious through mental focus and trust.
We Teach All Shooting Methods
Gil, Vicki and Brian Ash are experienced and comfortable teaching you all methods of shooting. You can learn swing-through, pull-away, and maintained lead, and understand the amount of risk each method creates for each type of shot.
A Common Sense Approach to Shotgun Shooting
The main frustration with shotgun shooting is missing a target that you know how to hit and have done many times before. You don’t understand why you missed it. Maybe you just got lucky before. Maybe your gun mount slipped this time. There are a thousand other excuses.
Every bit of research and work that we do is based on resolving one key question: “why?”
Why did you hit it? Why did you miss it? If you really know why you missed a target, you know what you need to do to fix it. That’s the premise of our teaching.
If we can give our students the knowledge and understanding of why, we have given them the database they need to self-correct. After spending just two hours in an all-day OSP clinic, you will know why you miss and how to correct it.
Every day we see students – both first-time shooters and seasoned sportsmen – who expect too much of themselves too soon. The road to self-improvement is a journey. It’s a roller-coaster ride of successes and failures. And how you handle those failures that determines the speed and height of your successes. We take you out of your comfort zone and lead you to a new level of confidence. And in the process, we discover that shooting and hitting the target becomes very logical and simple.
“It Just Makes Sense”
Increased performance is about controlling risk and learning to focus with your eyes and mind. At OSP, we help you analyze your game and determine the “junk” that gets in the way of your shooting. We lead you through the journey that guides you through the mechanical and mental processes that ultimately take you to why, and to your level of optimum performance.
Throughout our clinics, we often hear surprised students say, “that just makes sense.” It’s all just common sense, but we present it in a way you’ve never considered before, in a way that’s easy to remember and apply consistently.